What We Do
Members of W/SWIAF organizations are institutions: congregations, schools (both private and public), labor unions, nonprofits, and neighborhood organizations that share a concern for families and a tradition of faith and democracy.
Institutions that join W/SWIAF organizations work to:
• Develop leadership and strengthen community within and between their institutions
• Build bridges across longstanding divisions that isolate communities from each other
• Build capacity to act against the root causes of inequality and injustice
The responsibilities of institutional membership are threefold:
• Build a core team of leaders responsible for organizing within the member institution
• Participate in a cluster of institutions
• Pay membership dues (decided by each independent local organization).